Collection and Use of Personal InformationWe will collect information about you that we reasonably believe will be necessary or useful in processing or administering products or services that you have requested from us. We will also collect information in order to notify you about products, services and other opportunities we think will be of interest to you. As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. We may collect information from:
- Applications and other forms you fill out and submit, such as your name, address, age, and home value.
- Your application history with us, including services provided through third parties, including appraisals, title searches, etc.
- Respond to customer service requests
- Respond to your questions and concerns
Information Obtained from Third PartiesIf you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us. We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may also disclose your personal information
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- If GroupPlansInsurance.com is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.